Cleaning your home is one way to keep it looking great. But with regular use, our cleaning tools can become dirty themselves. You don’t want to use them anymore as they can track more dirt and dust in your home. What you need to do is to give them a good cleaning too after each use.
Cleaning Tips for Your Tools
The tools you are using to clean your home will have their own cleaning processes. Here are a few that you should try out yourself.
- Remove the mop heads and toss them in the washer along with a load of towels. Use a heavy-duty detergent and hot water cycle to help remove the build of soil, grease, and whatnot on the mop heads. Add half a cup of bleach if your mop heads are white.
- If you are using sponge mop heads, rinse them in a tub of hot water. Mix half a cup of bleach with a gallon of hot water. Add the mop heads and allow to soak for a few minutes. Rinse thoroughly, then allow to air dry.
Sponges and Brushes
Sponges and brushes are often used in the kitchen, which is why you need to clean them regularly. Here are a few tips on how to get them cleaned.
- You should rinse your sponge or brush using hot water every time you use them. Store them upright after to help them dry faster.
- Make it a point to disinfect your brushes once a week. This can be done by preparing a gallon of hot water mixed with half a cup of chlorine bleach. Soak your sponges for between five to ten minutes. If your brush has a wooden handle or base, dip the bristles in the solution and let it air dry after.
If your sponge starts to smell, you need to dispose of it since bacteria has already multiplied on it. As for your brushes, you can throw them away if the bristles are split or bent.
Cleaning cloths are generally used to mop up spills and wipe down surfaces. This is why they can get grimy over time.
- Cotton cleaning cloths can be thrown into your washing machine with heavy detergent and hot water. You can add bleach if you want to eliminate germs.
- If the cotton cloth is greasy, you can pre-soak it in a bowl filled with hot water and a degreaser. Let them dry after washing.
Keeping your home clean is not that hard to do. However, it would be best if you remembered that your cleaning tools would need some TLC too. The methods mentioned above are just a few examples to try out.
If you want to make your cleaning habit easier, our chemical supplier in the Philippines is your best bet. We have a wide range of cleaning agents that will fit all your cleaning needs. Check our products out and see which ones will work best with your home needs.