Your bathroom can be a hotbed for germs and other bacteria which is why you need to clean it regularly. Soap suds and scum can build up over time that can make the bathroom walls appear grimy and dirty. If you don’t want to end up with a bathroom that looks dingy, then you better make it a habit to clean once a week. Deep cleaning can also help bring back the beauty of your space.
Steps to Deep Cleaning Your Bathroom
The bathroom may be the last place you want to clean in your home, but you won’t have any problems if you do it on a regular basis. That said, deep cleaning it from time to time can help prevent bacteria from building up. Before you do start giving your bathroom a thorough cleaning, don’t forget to open the windows to help with ventilation. Here’s what you need to do:
- Remove all the items that you have on your sink and cabinets to make it easier to clean the surface.
- Start your cleaning from the top. This means wiping your lighting fixtures as dirt and dust can accumulate on their surface. A microfiber cloth can be used to wipe them clean.
- Wipe down your window sills and tracks. You can mix some vinegar and water to remove dust and dirt fast. However, if you haven’t cleaned them regularly, you will need a scrub brush to get rid of the accumulated dust and dirt.
- Focus on cleaning the mirror in your bathroom using your preferred cleaning product and a microfiber cloth.
- The shelves, cabinets, and surfaces in your bathroom need a good dusting too. Once done, get your cleaner and a soft cloth to wipe them down. Don’t forget to wipe the items that you have removed from your bathroom counters, sink, and shelves.
- You can now proceed to clean your bathtub and shower. If you are using an industrial cleaner, make sure that you are wearing protective gear like gloves and a mask. This way, the fumes will not irritate your hands and your nose. Follow the instructions and use a scrub brush to scrub stubborn stains and grime.
- Wash the windows, mats, and other removable items for a thorough cleaning.
- Proceed with cleaning your toilet. Again, a chemical cleaner can be used for your toilet, but be sure to choose one that is appropriate for the material used. Some chemical cleaners can be harsh on porcelain and may damage its surface.
- Use your bathroom cleaner and a soft cloth to wipe baseboards and remaining surfaces. Don’t forget to sweep and vacuum the floors too.
- Clean the sink. This is usually the last one to get cleaned since this is the area where you wash your cleaning cloth. Don’t forget to de-clog the drain too while you are at it.
Deep cleaning your bathroom doesn’t have to be a tough job especially when you have the right cleaning supplies with you. You can choose the best ones when you approach a trusted chemical cleaning supplier in the Philippines like us to provide you with the right cleaning products for your bathroom.