Before the pandemic has made us more self-conscious about our exposure to germs, many of us don’t even think twice about how dirty high-traffic surfaces in our homes are. But now that we are fighting an invisible foe, we need to become more vigilant on what we are touching or risk being infected with the ongoing virus.
You might think that cleaning and disinfecting are the same. Here’s how they are different.
- Cleaning. Makes use of soap and water to wash dirt, debris, and even spills from surfaces. Although cleaning can help remove germs on the surfaces, it doesn’t remove them completely.
- Disinfecting. Disinfecting makes use of stronger chemical substances to kill off any lingering germs, bacteria, and viruses on high-touched areas in our home.
Disinfecting Surfaces the Right Way
Since we are all trying to minimize our risk of being exposed to Covid-19, we should take it upon ourselves to keep our surroundings clean and sanitized. Here’s how to do it.
- Read the labels. It is always a good idea to read the labels on chemical cleaning supplies. This way, you can follow the instructions indicated on using these products correctly to get the best results.
- Use DIY cleaners. If you are in a bind, you can still disinfect your frequently touched surfaces by mixing your own disinfectant. You can mix five tablespoons of bleach for each gallon of water. You can also do four tablespoons of bleach for every half gallon of water.
- Disinfect your desk. Your laptop or computer can be exposed to droplets of saliva that may or may not expose you to the sickness. Use alcohol to disinfect your keyboard, mouse, and monitor.
- Scrub the surface. Spray some of your disinfecting solution on the surface of high touched areas and wipe it down. Do not forget to give the surfaces in a home a good scrubbing too.
Why Disinfect Surfaces
Why go through all the trouble of disinfecting your home? Like it was mentioned before, germs and bacteria can thrive on the surfaces. Cleaning can only do so much when removing these dangerous substances; hence you need a stronger cleaning agent. Additionally, there are several reasons why surface disinfection is a must.
- It prevents germs from spreading from one person to the next who are living within your bubble.
- You will also feel less stressed because being outside can already expose you to the virus, but being inside your home that is clean and properly disinfected, you will feel more at ease.
- Another plus to disinfecting surfaces is that it helps reduce your health care costs. This is because you are not exposed to pathogens that may be lingering on surfaces.
- If you are having breakouts, this is a good time to do something about it. You can then start with disinfecting all the surfaces in your home.
It is hard to be exposed to this health crisis. That is why it is best that you make use of the products that we sell as a chemical supplier in the Philippines so that you will be able to get rid of dangerous viruses and germs.